The federal government and technology industry have developed practical tips
to help you guard against Internet fraud, secure your computer and protect your personal information.
How Mozus Media Uses Your Personal information
This policy covers how Mozus Media treats personal information that Mozus Media collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Mozus Media products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Mozus Media does not own or control, or to people that Mozus Media does not employ or manage.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Mozus Media collects personal information when you register with Mozus Media, when you use Mozus Media products or services, when you visit Mozus Media pages or the pages of certain Mozus Media partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Mozus Media may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we might also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. When you register with Mozus Media and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
Mozus Media collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
Mozus Media automatically receives and records information from your computer and browser, including your IP address, Mozus Media cookie information, software and hardware attributes, and the page you request.
Mozus Media uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Mozus Media does not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent's permission.
Mozus Media does not ask a child under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Mozus Media does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Mozus Media under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Mozus Media communicate with you about offers from Mozus Media and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. Parents have the option of allowing Mozus Media to collect and use their child's information without consenting to Mozus Media sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Mozus Media displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Mozus Media does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Mozus Media advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
Mozus Media works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
Mozus Media may set and access Mozus Media cookies on your computer.
Mozus Media lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Mozus Media's cookies.
YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES
You can edit your Mozus Media Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
New categories of marketing communications might be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Mozus Media service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Mozus Media Newsletter, that are considered part of your Mozus Media account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Your Mozus Media account cannot be deleted.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
Mozus Media may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Mozus Media account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
If you have questions or suggestions, please complete the contact form linked above or you can contact us at:
c/o Mozus Media
PO Box 23616
Belleville, IL 62223
Effective November 18, 2009